Saturday, October 12, 2013

(The) King Knocking


Jesus Knocking at the Door of Your Heart


Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20 KJV

This verse talks about a close, personal relationship with Jesus. The word "sup" means intimacy in the Greek. Jesus Christ wants a very intimate relationship with you.

The painting is an abstract profile of Jesus robed in purple with His right hand extended as if knocking on a door. Open the door of your heart to Him! The Scripture and painting also deals with the lukewarm church of today. Here's the verse in context:

To the Church in Laodicea

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of My mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with Me.
21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on His throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”


Note about the painting: I did not intentionally paint a profile of the Lord. As I was being lead by the Holy Spirit in choosing the colors and the brush strokes, I thought I was painting a seascape with multicolored waves - see photograph on the right. Imagine my surprise when the Lord told me to flip the painting and there before me stood an image of Jesus knocking on a blue door! To me, this piece is a modern version of the famous painting, "Christ at Heart's Door" by Warner Sallman. 

The King Knocking - Christine Nichols, 2009


X  X  X  X  X  X  X

All my paintings begin with prayer. I ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance from beginning to end - from choosing the canvas and paint colors to the last brush stroke. I pray that the Lord's message would go forth through the art and that Father God would be glorified. 

I believe all prophetic art has a message, but what the Holy Spirit speaks to me about a specific piece of art, may be different than what the Spirit says to you. Seek Him for a personal interpretation.

You can find more Christian Abstract paintings that the Lord has given me on my Facebook page, Christine Nichols-Art, in a Photo Album called FOR HIS GLORY. If you've enjoyed the art, I invite you to LIKE and SHARE my art Facebook page: STEEN ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment