Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Temple Curtain


As I was painting this large 2'x4' canvas in 2009, the Holy Spirit told me to pause and take a photograph. The result is an artwork entitled, "Temple Curtain" taken from Exodus 26:1 where God is giving instructions for the Tabernacle.

“Make the tabernacle with ten curtains of finely twisted linen and blue, purple and scarlet yarn, with cherubim woven into them by a skilled worker." 
  
Biblical color meanings:
Linen (white): Holy, pure, God
Blue: Holy Spirit, Heaven
Purple: Royalty, majesty, kingship
Scarlet (red): blood, sacrifice, sin, redemption
Gold: God's glory, His presence

Temple Curtain - Christine Nichols, 2009
 
All my paintings begin with prayer. I ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance from beginning to end - from choosing the canvas and paint colors to the last brush stroke. I pray that the Lord's message would go forth through the art and that Father God would be glorified. 



I believe all prophetic art has a message, but what the Holy Spirit speaks to me about a specific piece of art, may be different than what the Spirit says to you. Seek Him for a personal interpretation.



You can find more Christian Abstract paintings that the Lord has given me on my Facebook page, Christine Nichols-Art, in a Photo Album called "FOR HIS GLORY"

No comments:

Post a Comment