Monday, October 3, 2011

Let The Art Talk





Prophetic art is created by Christian artists submitting to God and seeking His Will in the arts. The Holy Spirit guides the creative process from start to finish. I believe prophetic art has two main objectives: The first is to glorify God and the second is to send forth His message, thus the "prophetic" label of the art genre. 

This video is a collection of art the Lord has given me since September 2009 - 2011. The video is similar to the blog entry For His Glory Art Gallery, with the addition of art titles. Notice that the majority of the paintings are alphabetized and yet the art tells a story. I'm amazed how each individual painting holds a message as well as the art collection as a whole. I've also found that by putting selected paintings together, as lead by the Spirit, reveals Biblical truth. 

The point of these videos were to "get the art out there" and seen by the public, but also to remind me that my job is to follow Jesus and submit to Him concerning the art. It is the Holy Spirit's job to use the art according to the Father's Will. God reminded me of that when I wanted to preach about the art with Bible verses and He said, "Let the art speak."

No comments:

Post a Comment