Wednesday, August 28, 2013

PEACE

PEACE - Christine Nichols, 2010
This painting combines wax and acrylic paint - a new technique for me. When I painted this piece in 2010, I remember wondering if I heard the Holy Spirit correctly to place HOT WAX on the canvas, but I took a leap of faith and trusted the instructions came from the Lord. The result is like a throwback to 1970's art or a contemporary version of a stained glass window. As I outlined the wax in black acrylic paint, the Holy Spirit focused my attention on the wax pattern atop the large heart. To my amazement it spelled out PEACE. As I was dribbling the hot wax on the canvas, I did not intentionally write a word. Peace and the large heart were then highlighted with sliver paint. The inner heart with silver and gold paint. This represents God's refinement of the hearts who love and seek Him to make us more like His Son, Jesus Christ.

To give you an idea of how this painting took shape, 
I am including some photos of the creative steps. 
I love the second snapshot. To me it looks like a keyhole.
Christ holds the key to my heart!








Peace-heart Scripture verses:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

All of these verses hold a special place in my heart 
and I hope they do for you as well! <3

PEACE - Christine Nichols, 2010


All my paintings begin with prayer. I ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance from beginning to end - from choosing the canvas and paint colors to the last brush stroke. I pray that the Lord's message would go forth through the art and that Father God would be glorified. 
I believe all prophetic art has a message, but what the Holy Spirit speaks to me about a specific piece of art, may be different than what the Spirit says to you. Seek Him for a personal interpretation.
You can find more Christian Abstract paintings that the Lord has given me on my Facebook page, Christine Nichols-Art, in a Photo Album called FOR HIS GLORY. If you've enjoyed the art, you're invited to LIKE and SHARE my art Facebook page: STEEN ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment