Saturday, August 24, 2013

Perfume Poured Out - The Fragrance of Christ


Perfume Poured Out
"Pleasing is the fragrance of Your perfumes; Your Name is like perfume poured out. No wonder the maidens love You!" Song of Songs 1:3 is the text for this artwork which was created by painting one canvas as lead by the Holy Spirit, and then placed another blank canvas over the wet painting. The result is "Perfume Poured Out." I think if I asked ten different people what they saw in this painting, I would get just as many different answers, but to me it looks like an ancient perfume bottle. This painting represents the Fragrance of Christ. 




Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth
    for Your love is more better than wine.
Pleasing is the fragrance of Your perfumes;
    Your Name is like perfume poured out.
    No wonder the young women love You!
Take me away with You—let us hurry!
    Let the King bring me into His chambers.


Heather Clark's song, "Kisses of His Mouth" 
sets to music the above verses.



Your Name is like Perfume Poured Out - Christine Nichols, 2009




Below is the original painting from which this piece was created.
It is entitled, "Beauty Within." 
It depicts the human heart of a believer.  
'Man looks at the outward appearance, 
but the LORD looks at the heart.' 
1 Samuel 16:7


Beauty Within - Christine Nichols, 2009

A third piece of art came forth from Beauty Within:

 

This artwork was created by placing two images of "Beauty Within" together, then rotated, flipped, and adjoined. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Christ's eyes looking back at me!
Christ is the beauty within! 



All my paintings begin with prayer. I ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance from beginning to end - from choosing the canvas and paint colors to the last brush stroke. I pray that the Lord's message would go forth through the art and that Father God would be glorified. 

I believe all prophetic art has a message, but what the Holy Spirit speaks to me about a specific piece of art, may be different than what the Spirit says to you. Seek Him for a personal interpretation.

You can find more Christian Abstract paintings that the Lord has given me on my Facebook page, Christine Nichols-Art, in a Photo Album called FOR HIS GLORY. If you've enjoyed the art, you're invited to LIKE and SHARE my art Facebook page: STEEN ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment