Thursday, August 1, 2013

River of Blood

River of Blood


This painting was created in Charlotte, NC, in the Spring of 2010 while I was visiting my sister, Mim, and her family. Mim was enrolled in a YWCA art class and asked me to join her. The instructor knew that I was an artist and asked me how I started each painting or the creative process. I told her that every painting starts with prayer. I ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit, that the Father and the Son would be glorified, and that the Lord's message would go forth. The message for this painting is a warning of the Tribulation found in Revelation 16:4-7. When I took the painting back to Mim's house, everyone that saw it had the same reaction and nearly said in unison: "River of Blood." 

The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say:
“You are just in these judgments, O Holy One,
    you who are and who were;
for they have shed the blood of your holy people and your prophets,
    and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve.”
And I heard the altar respond:
“Yes, Lord God Almighty,
    true and just are your judgments.”

This will happen during the Great Tribulation as described in Scripture. 

River of Blood - Christine Nichols, 2010

All my paintings begin with prayer. I ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance from beginning to end - from choosing the canvas and paint colors to the last brush stroke. I pray that the Lord's message would go forth through the art and that Father God would be glorified. 

I believe all prophetic art has a message, but what the Holy Spirit speaks to me about a specific piece of art, may be different than what the Spirit says to you. Seek Him for a personal interpretation.

You can find more Christian Abstract paintings that the Lord has given me on my Facebook page, Christine Nichols-Art, in a Photo Album called FOR HIS GLORY. If you've enjoyed the art, you're invited to LIKE and SHARE my art Facebook page: STEEN ART.




No comments:

Post a Comment