Saturday, August 3, 2013

Revelation

Revelation


Revelation - Christine Nichols
This painting began with an image of a huge eye which caused me to think of God as "all-seeing," nothing is hidden from Him. This truth is repeated quite a bit in the Psalms. When the painting was finished, I asked the Lord what the painting meant and His one word reply was "Revelation." In the Book of Revelation, I found this passage: "From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder." Revelation 4:5

Biblical Color Meanings:
GOLD: Glory of God
WHITE: Holiness, purity
PURPLE: Royalty, majesty
BLUE: Heaven, Holy Spirit
 

The Revelation Song comes to mind when I view this painting.


Once during worship in a small church I was attending, a heavy anointing of the Holy Spirit was upon the congregation as they sang The Revelation Song. Everyone was deeply worshiping the Lamb...
Holy, holy is He! 
When the song came to the lyrics, 
"Clothed in rainbows,
 of living color
Flashes of lightning, 
rolls of thunder..." 
 a 
loud 
clap
 of 
thunder
 rang
 out!
After the worship service, someone asked the worship leader how he added the sound-effect of thunder to the song. He said he hadn't. He was as surprised as everyone else when it happened, especially as there wasn't a cloud in the sky that evening! 
 

Revelation - Christine Nichols, 2010
 16x20 Acrylic Painting

All my paintings begin with prayer. I ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance from beginning to end - from choosing the canvas and paint colors to the last brush stroke. I pray that the Lord's message would go forth through the art and that Father God would be glorified. 
I believe all prophetic art has a message, but what the Holy Spirit speaks to me about a specific piece of art, may be different than what the Spirit says to you. Seek Him for a personal interpretation.
You can find more Christian Abstract paintings that the Lord has given me on my Facebook page, Christine Nichols-Art, in a Photo Album called FOR HIS GLORY. If you've enjoyed the art, you're invited to LIKE and SHARE my art Facebook page: STEEN ART.


No comments:

Post a Comment